My Ramdam

Media Technology Marketing.
Every week, a recap of the latest news in media,
new technology and marketing.

27
Sep

My Ramdam by My Media # 132

week 39 – 2013

Television

CYRIL HANOUNA AND HIS PALS BEAT LE GRAND JOURNAL

« Touche pas a mon poste » beat a record last Monday, September 28th. D8’s flagship program had the highest ratings in its young history with 1,1 million viewers, a 6,4% share of viewers 4+. Hanouna and his panelists even beat the Canal+’s « Grand Journal ». Canal+ did get back in front though when D8 went to advertising at 7h30 and during Canal+’s « Guignols de l’info. »
It was nonetheless a nice birthday present for Cyril Hanouna who was celebrating his 39th birthday. The host also copiously thanked his fans on Twitter.

« JUSQU’ICI TOUT VA BIEN » (EVERYTHING IS FINE SO FAR) OR NOT…

France 2’s new talk show, « Jusqu’ici tout va bien », hosted by Sophia Aram is still struggling. It slipped further at the end of the week, dropping to a 3,1% share, its lowest so far. Despite these dismal figures, France 2 confirmed it was keeping the program on air for now. It should be noted that « The Price is right » is still the uncontested leader of access time with a 23,2% share.

 

Web and mobile

XAVIER NIEL LAUNCHES A GIANT INCUBATOR IN PARIS

Digital start-up incubators are popping up throughout France, aiming to help create new innovative concepts and encourage the free flow of ideas about the internet and its economy.

Xavier Niel, Free’s founder, has just launched his own project. The plan is to build « possibly the largest incubator in the world, » according to Niel. It will be located in the 13th quarter at the Halle Freyssinet. The city of Paris preempted the purchase of the location for 70 million euros to sel lit to the upcoming company that will run the incubator. Free’s founder will provide 90% of the financing while the Caisse des dépôts will provide the remaining 10%.
The giant incubator will provide 100 000 square meters of office space to host up to 1 000 start-ups with common « co-working » spaces. It will give the companies access to the latest technologies as well as administrative and financial services.

GOOGLE CELEBRATES ITS 15TH BIRTHDAY

Google celebrated its 15th birthday this Friday. The company appeared at the end of the 90s with a new search algorithm which would profoundly changed how we scour the web. Today, Google is no longer just a search engine and continues to innovate with services like the Google glasses or Google car. With a turnover of 39 billion dollars, Google has not finished making the news.

 

Press

« LA TRIBUNE’S » WEB MIGRATION PAID OFF

According to La Correspondance de la Presse, the Tribune Nouvelle company, new owner of « La Tribune » reached profitability in September. The company is aiming for a turnover of 6,5 million euros. But this good news did not come without sacrifice, as the business news site fired over 100 employees, or almost two thirds of its staff. According to puremedias, the site now only has 30 journalists. So it is promising news for the ailing press sector, although the way to get there isn’t very encouraging for journalists and employees.

 

Ads

GUINNESS AD

Guinness has kept its distance from Irish clichés, sports stars or dirty humor to promote its famous dry stout. The brand chose instead to bet on the values of sharing and friendship that go with its beer…
Guinness

TRUEMOVE H

Thai phone operator TRUEMOVE H has without a doubt created a very moving spot. Based on a true story, the ad tells the story of a Thai restaurant owner who helped his fellow man and  received help in return. With already 12 million views and counting, the buzz has already started… TRUEMOVE H ad